- 3 cups flour
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 chopped walnut
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- First, prepare the syrup. Combine sugar and water in a pot to boil for 10 minutes, and then add the lemon juice. Set aside and cool down in the fridge.
- The dough: Mix butter, flour, yoghurt, vegetable oi;, 1 egg, baking powder in a bowl and knead well with your hand.
- Cover the bowl with damp kitchen towel and let it sit for 10 minutes or so.
- After 10 minutes, take some of the dough, and make a flat circle, add a walnut in the middle, fold, seal, and shape it like the picture above.
- Then, with a grater, touch the top of the dough lightly that it makes a nice indentation.
- After all the dough have been inserted and shaped, bake them for 350 degrees celcius for 10-15 minutes, and then at 375 degrees, top shelf, until golden brown.
- Take it off the oven, and pour the cold syrup all over it. Leave it that way, until the cookie absorb the syrup.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂