I got this from my mom’s Japanese cook book. She made this a lot when I was a kid, and remember always loving it!
- Potato 230gr
- 1/2 Onion
- ground beef 100 gr.
Coating : flour, 1 egg, and japanese bread crumbs
- Peel potatoes, and cut in chunks. Soak in water for a little while. Then, boil with salt and water until cooked.
- Mash the potatoes, and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop onions, and cook with 1 tbsp of butter. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until all the liquid from the gr. beef evaporates. Add the potatoes and mix until well-blended.
- Divide into 4, and shape them into an egg-shaped ball.
- Dip into flour, and then the egg, and lastly roll into the bread crumbs.
- Fry them until golden.