I got this recipe from the Turkish Cooking Class with Chef Ayse Koroglu. I loved the class!
1 lb ground lamb or beef, ground again
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 Tbsp butter
salt and ground black pepper
1 onion, chopped fine 3 potatoes
1. Preheat a 375 F. oven. Knead the
2. When thoroughly mixed, take pieces the size of an egg and roll in your wethands to give an oval shape. Make shallow indentations in the center of eachburger. Place in a large ovenproof dish with half of the butter. Cook in theoven for 25 minutes. When cooked, remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
3. Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes and boil in plenty of water. Oncecooked, drain and mash.
4. Mix the mashed potato, milk, remaining egg, seasoning, and the remainingbutter together and place in a saucepan. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Fill the indentations in the burgers with the potato mixture. Mix the tomatopaste with a little water and pour over the burgers. Place in the oven againfor 25 minutes more. in a bowl with bread crumbs, onion, and tow of the eggs, adding a little water if necessary.