Got this from a book called Curry & Kabab…Delicious!
- 2 lbs Beef cubes
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely sliced
- 3/4 – 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric (opt.)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika (opt.)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large tomato, skinned and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ginger, peeled and slivered
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on med. heat, brown onions until pale golden color
- Add meat, stir fry for 5-6 minutes to brownish color. Add calt, cayenne, coriander, turmeric, paprika, and garlic. Fry for 2-3 minutes, add 2 1/2 cups water, mix well, cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 50 minutes or longer till meat is tender and oil will separate. Add more water and cook longer if meat is not tender yet. Adde few tbsp. of water as needed to prevent sticking or burning.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, and 1/4 cup water to have a small amount of sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish the dish with garam masala and cilantro leaves and serve with chapati, naan, or rice.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Use 1/2 cup water for about 2 lbs. of meat and pressure cook for about 5 minutes according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once meat is tender, follow the rest of the recipe instructions.