I got this recipe today when I went to the Turkish girls gathering. These cookies are like sugar cookies, but it’s made similar to a baklava or kadayif in a way, because after baking the cookies, you soak them in sugar water afterwards – therefore making it a really nyummy soft cookie! Gotta try!
*p.s: thanks Gülşah for the recipe!*
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp semolina / farina
- 2.5 cup flour (or maybe a little more)
- 1 egg yolk, mix
- Hazelnuts/ almonds to garnish
- 500 ml sugar
- 500 ml. water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix sugar and eggs until well blended
- Add butter and mix
- Add baking powder, vanilla, semolina/ farina, and flour
- Shape them into round cookies.
- Brush the top with egg yolks and place a hazelnut/ an almond on the center of each cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While it’s baking make the syrup by combining water and sugar in a pan and cook until it boils. Set aside
- When cookies are done, take it out of the oven, and pour the syrup directly on the cookies (while the cookies and syrup are still hot).
- Ready to serve.