- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup (235gr) sugar
- 2 pack (each at 8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 lady fingers
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chip
- 1 cup espresso (I made this with 1 cup boiling water + around 1-2 tsp espresso coffee)
- 3 tbsp cocoa for garnish
1. Beat yolks and sugar 2 minutes. Beat in rum and mascarpone.
2. In a separate bowl, beat cream until it holds stiff peaks. (becareful not to do it too long, otherwise it will be too hard, just remember whip cream consistency) Then mix it in the mascarpone cheese mixture.
3. Mix hot espresso with choco-chips ’til it kind of melt and mixed.
Dip in 12 lady fingers into it, and arrange it side-by-side in a dish.
4. Spread evenly half of the mascarpone mixture
5. Repeat same process with the lady fingers and the rest of the mascarpone mixture
6. Cool in fridge overnight. Sprinkle cocoa just before serving.