I wanted to make a fish dish that’s not fried, but doesn’t have that stinky fish smell when baked. So I came up with this recipe. It tasted really good!
For 4 people
- 4 rainbow trout-> clean, slit the side from the throat to the tail
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 box of sliced mushroom
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of Hot Ajvar Sauce (can be bought at a middle eastern store)
- 1 tsp Crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate fish with lemon, set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Fry chopped onion with butter for a few minutes, and then mix in the sliced mushroom. Cook until half done.
- Mix in tomato paste, Ajvar sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- In a baking pan, spread half of the Ajvar+ mushroom mix on the bottom.
- Take the fish, and open it into two flaps (with the skin on top and the white meat on the bottom) and arrange the fish on thebaking pan, and then pour the rest of the Ajvar+ mushroom mix on top of the fish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (or until cooked), uncovered. Enjoy